Welcome To Rock Island KOA
We’re Glad You’re Here!
Looking for a Quad Cities Campground? The Rock Island KOA, is at the center of all that’s going on in the Quad Cities area. Rock Island KOA has RV Sites, Tent Sites and Cabins on 150+ acres for guests to explore, including 50 acres of lake for fishing (no license required) or boating. Enjoy a heated outdoor pool, adults-only hot tub, water spray park for all ages and a community room. The bathhouse features individual showers and dressing rooms. Paddleboats, canoes and kayaks are available. Play mini golf for free with your own golf ball or purchase a souvenir ball. There are many shaded sites next to or near the lake. Play horseshoes, go fishing or check out the new Jump Pad. Planned activities for kids and families are scheduled for most weekends throughout the season. Need an RV repair? On-site service is available by appointment. Other services include LP, dump station and local repair shops for gasoline and diesel engines.
Pool: May 13 – September 17
Max pull thru: 80 feet
Your hosts: the Downing family
Ways To Stay At Our KOA
- Sleeps up to 6, features kitchenette, bathroom with shower, bunk bed room (twin size beds), sofa sleeper (full size bed), bedroom with queen size bed, deck with patio furniture and grill, and fire pit. Bring your own towels and bedding. No pets allowed.
- Handicap accessible, sleeps up to 4. Features all of the above except for the bunk bed room. Bring your own towels and bedding. No pets allowed.
- Two Room with air conditioning, mini refrigerator, porch swing, picnic table, grill, and fire pit. Sleeps up to six people. Comes with a full size bed, one set of bunk beds and a futon that folds out into a full size bed. The pet friendly cabins have an extra bunk bed instead of the futon. Don’t forget your towels and bedding. No plumbing. Some have TV with cable.
- One Room with air conditioning, TV with cable, porch swing, picnic table, grill, and fire pit. Sleeps up to four people. Some are pet friendly. Don’t forget your towels and bedding. No plumbing.
- Deluxe concrete slab or end site with large yard, pull thru, water, electric, sewer, 50/30 amp and cable
- Pull thru with water, electric, sewer and cable, 50/30 amp or 30/20 amp
- Back-in with water, electric, sewer and cable, 50/30 amp or 30/20amp some with concrete slabs
- Water and electric pull thru or back in. 50/30 amp or 30/20 amp
- Monthly sites available year round with 50 amp, water,electricity, sewer, and cable
- Seasonal sites on and off lake available with dump service.
- Tent sites located on the lake with a private dock/bank and electricity.
- Tent sites located on the lake with a private dock/bank with out electricity.
- Tent sites off the lake with electricity.
- Tent sites off the lake with out electricity.
50 Amp Max
75' Max Length
Check In / Check Out Times
Frequently Asked Questions
Guests are allowed to visit you at the campground for a $5/person fee a day which allows them to use the same amenities as our campers.
No carpets are allowed on our grass, we work very hard at keeping the grass alive to provide you the nicest site we can.
Fishing is allowed in our lakes and no fishing license is required. You man bring your boat into the campground for a $5 fee per boat. Trolling motors only, if the boat has a gas motor it needs to be completely removed before it goes into the lakes.
Camping isn’t camping without a campfire, however, due to the Ash Borer disease we only allow USDA certified wood to be burned. If you don’t buy the wood from us you must show proof that it is USDA certified.
Each site is allowed one vehicle, if you have an extra vehicle it is $5 and must be parked in our pool parking lot. Washing of vehicles or units is strictly prohibited.
We proudly spend a great deal of time and money enhancing the beauty and nature of the park so please don’t take anything with you. We would be happy to tell you what we have planted and help you find where you can get it.
How To Find Us
Rock Island / Quad Cities KOA
PLEASE NOTE: For guests coming from the East heading West off of I-280, when inputting location into GPS or Google Maps you will be directed to take exit 15 instead of exit 11A. This route will take you through town instead of around it.
We are located two miles from exit 11A, I-280, Rock Island, Illinois.
Traveling on I-80 east or west take I-280 bypass to exit 11A, (US Rt. 92) and proceed to traffic signal at Andalusia Road (one mile). Turn left at light onto 78th Avenue West (Andalusia Road) proceed one mile to the KOA entrance on left. Look for large KOA sign at entrance. NOTICE – coming from the East the exit numbers jump up to 15 then back down to 11A. Don’t panic if you see exit 15, you didn’t miss us! Coming from Chicago area on I-88? At junction of I-88 and I-80 take I-80 east about 5 miles to I-280 west. Follow I-280 to exit 11A (after the airport exit) and proceed per above instructions.Coming on I-74? Take I-280 west and proceed to exit 11A.
2311 78th Avenue West Rock Island, IL 61201
Fax: (309) 283-0699